The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) employs a diverse workforce in the United States at our headquarters in Brooklyn, New York, as well as internationally. Benefits include health, dental, vision, disability, life, and gym reimbursement; pension plan and tax savings programs; and generous vacation and sick leave. Student loan and tuition reimbursement are available for all full-time staff, and provisions are made for professional staff to continue their development as professional social scientists.
In addition, the Council offers a wide range of internship opportunities to current, recent, or returning students. Most internships are unpaid or carry small stipends.
We encourage you to apply for the specific openings that have been listed and summarized below. Be sure to follow the link to more detailed information on necessary qualifications, employment terms, and application procedures.
- Anxieties of Democracy Program Assistant
- The SSRC seeks a Program Assistant to work with the growing Anxieties of Democracy program. With excellent organizational and administrative skills, the Program Assistant will support scholarship oriented toward impact in a program motivated by a deep concern about whether the core institutions of representative democracies can capably address large problems in the public interest.
- Anxieties of Democracy Program Director
- The SSRC seeks a Program Director the Anxieties of Democracy program. The Program Director will oversee focused working groups, a grants program, and a range of outreach and public engagement activities dedicated to addressing how to make democracies govern more effectively.
- Evaluation Manager
- The SSRC seeks an Evaluation Manager to work with a team under the direction of the Executive Director on an external strategic learning, improvement, and assessment project for the Atlantic Philanthropies’ newly funded Atlantic Fellows Program for Racial Equity (AFRE).
- Executive/Administrative Assistant
- The SSRC seeks an Executive Assistant in the Executive Director’s Office. S/he will report to the Coordinator of the Executive Director’s Office.
- Part-Time Administrative Assistant: Mellon Mays Graduate Initiatives Program
- The Social Science Research Council seeks a part-time Administrative Assistant for its Mellon Mays Graduate Initiatives Program. This position provides support for all staff members and events associated with the program.