The SSRC seeks an Evaluation Manager to work with a team under the direction of the Executive Director on an external strategic learning, improvement, and assessment project for the Atlantic Philanthropies’ newly funded Atlantic Fellows Program for Racial Equity (AFRE).
The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) is an independent, international, nonprofit organization devoted to the advancement of interdisciplinary research in the social sciences through a wide variety of workshops and conferences, fellowships and grants, summer training institutes, scholarly exchanges, research, and publications.
As part of its commitment to strategic learning, Atlantic Philanthropies (AP) has asked the Social Science Research Council (SSRC) to develop an external strategic learning, improvement, and assessment project for its newly funded Atlantic Fellows Program for Racial Equity (AFRE) grant based at Columbia University. The overall goal of the AFRE grant is to support visionary and racially diverse leaders to challenge and advance ambitious and comprehensive solutions to anti-black racism and racial inequality. The program will support the growth and development of a generation of leaders who will not only understand the dynamics of anti-black racism, but also change them.
The SSRC seeks an Evaluation Manager to work with a team under the direction of the Executive Director on this new strategic learning and evaluation project, which will provide developmental support as well as formative and summative evaluation for the creation of this new institution that will work on issues of racial equity. The Evaluation Manager will also help to provide fellowship, program, and organizational support based on the SSRC’s practices and experience in the field.
- BA/MA in one of the social science or humanistic disciplines or a related field.
- Significant (3–5 years) experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research and/or evaluation activities and managing research/evaluation data and documents.
- Demonstrated interest in issues of race equity.
- Excellent organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and a high degree of professionalism are essential.
- Experience and/or familiarity with social media, web, and database development preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, assume responsibility, and respond flexibly to changing demands.
- Proficiency in MS Office (including Word, Excel, and Outlook); SharePoint, Dropbox, Box, or other online collaborative platforms; database management; and Internet applications.
- Demonstrated ability to compile, organize, and perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis and to present data visually or graphically. Familiarity with statistics, social networking analysis, and computer-assisted qualitative software and statistical software programs a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in multicultural and diverse settings with various stakeholders (advocates, researchers, professors, funders, university administrators, etc.).
- Review materials received from AFRE and apply SSRC best practices to bring content knowledge of program development, fellowships, and program substance to bear.
- Design and implement data collection instruments and gather and analyze in-depth data and information so as to assess and improve the organization and the program.
- Review communication and outreach plans, application and selection processes, workshop and conference agendas, and records, databases, and publications as useful.
- Organize and manage program records and evaluation documents, records, and data.
- Prepare grant reports and evaluation reports.
- Advise on alumni tracking and network-building systems.
- Provide evaluation capacity building, feedback, and reports.
- Work with budgets and financial reports, process payments, and expense reimbursements; reconcile expenses against budgets.
- Serve as a primary contact and liaise with partner institutions.
- Other duties and additional responsibilities and projects as directed, depending upon interest and capacity.
Terms, Salary and Benefits
Annual salary is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits include health, dental, vision, disability, life, and gym reimbursement; annual tuition and/or student loan reimbursement and professional development funds; outstanding pension plan and tax savings programs; generous vacation and sick leave; and more.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Evaluation Manager” in the subject line of your e-mail.
The Social Science Research Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.