The SSRC seeks a Program Manager for its Drugs, Security and Democracy Program at its office in Brooklyn, NY.
The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) is an independent, international, nonprofit organization devoted to the advancement of interdisciplinary research in the social sciences through a wide variety of workshops and conferences, fellowships and grants, summer training institutes, scholarly exchanges, research, and publications. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.ssrc.org.
- Master’s degree in Law, International Affairs, Public Policy, or Social Science;
- 2 years of experience in a position analyzing legislation and public or government policies;
- 2 years of experience managing complex projects;
- 1 year of experience working for a US-based Latin America-focused program or a Latin America-based non-governmental organization (NGO), government body, international organization, law firm, or policy-oriented research organization.
The SSRC seeks a Program Manager for its Drugs, Security and Democracy Program to:
- Administer and manage the planning, operations, budget management, and expansion of the Drugs, Security and Democracy (DSD) Program, including writing reports and supervising support staff as necessary.
- Identify, develop, and coordinate projects with partner organizations and relevant contacts, including policy makers, government officials, NGOs, and research organizations, in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Coordinate the network-building among program committee, fellows, researchers, policy makers and institutions in the United States, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
- Administer and manage the planning and operations of the Drugs, Security and Democracy (DSD) fellowship for policy-relevant research on issues related to drugs and drug policy in Latin America and the Caribbean, across a variety of social science disciplines.
- Advise and mentor DSD fellows on avenues of policy engagement that may lead to the development of alternatives to present-day drug policies.
- Organize and facilitate the annual workshop for fellows, the annual program committee meeting, and other program-related events.
- Provide strategic planning, evaluation and review of program protocols.
- Oversee the program’s online presence, including website, social media, and dissemination of fellows’ research.
- Other responsibilities and projects, as required for the development of the DSD Program.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com in PDF format. Please include “DSD Program Manager Search” in the subject line.
The Social Science Research Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.