Vietnam and Southeast Asia Program Assistant
The SSRC invites applications for the position of Vietnam and Southeast Asia Program Assistant. This position will help support the program through administrative duties and by assisting with program-related research, evaluation, data analysis, social media/web analytics, grant reporting, website updates and maintenance, and program finance and expenses.
The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) is an independent, international, nonprofit organization devoted to the advancement of interdisciplinary research in the social sciences through a wide variety of workshops and conferences, fellowships and grants, summer training institutes, scholarly exchanges, research, and publications.
The SSRC invites applications for the position of Vietnam and Southeast Asia Program Assistant. The Program Assistant will work with the Viet Nam Population Health Programme: Strategic Learning and Assessment and the Transformative Leadership for Health Equity in Asia: Development Support and Strategic Learning and Assessment. For more information, please visit the Vietnam Program page and the Equity Initiative website.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, humanities, statistics, Asian or Southeast Asian or related area studies, development studies, or a related field.
- Required computer skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Picture Manager, SharePoint, PowerPoint, etc.); OneDrive, Box.com, Dropbox, or other cloud-based applications; and standard Internet applications.
- Experience and/or familiarity with basic website content management and social media.
- Previous travel or work experience in/with, or knowledge of, Southeast Asia region.
- Demonstrated research and data management skills, familiarity with principles of social scientific inquiry, and the ability to work with, organize, and manage data in a variety of forms.
- Demonstrated ability to compile, organize, and perform basic quantitative and qualitative data analysis and to present data visually or graphically. Familiarity with NVivo and/or SPSS a plus.
- Interest in public health, social justice, social change, development, monitoring and evaluation, and related issues.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily activities to meet competing deadlines.
- Administrative and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and as part of a team.
- Support Vietnam Program staff and Fellowships Office staff with day-to-day administration of the Vietnam Program’s Strategic Learning and Assessment of the Viet Nam Population Health Programme and the Transformative Leadership for Health Equity in Southeast Asia fellowship.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and analysis of website content and social media content.
- Collect, log, and organize program data across multiple platforms (Dropbox, Box, Sharepoint, etc.).
- Perform, and provide support for, analysis and presentation of data, both qualitative (analytic writing, NVivo, etc.) and quantitative (Excel, SPSS, etc.).
- Assist with logistics and administrative support for workshops, meetings, and other events, both on- and offsite.
- Assist with program outreach and handling requests for information.
- Provide developmental, writing, editing, and proofreading support for fellowship and program monitoring and evaluation.
- Assist in handling program budgets, finances, and expense accounts and reimbursements.
- Perform administrative tasks including, but not limited to, archiving, records management, preparation of meeting materials, and creation and maintenance of databases and spreadsheets.
- Other duties and additional responsibilities and projects as directed, depending upon interest and capacity.
Terms, Salary and Benefits
Annual salary is $33,000 for full-time. Part-time (20–25 hours) will also be considered. Comprehensive full-time benefits include health, dental, vision, disability, life, and gym reimbursement; $1,500 annual tuition and/or student loan reimbursement; outstanding pension plan and tax savings programs; generous vacation and sick leave; and more.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample in PDF format to email@example.com. Please include “Vietnam and Southeast Asia Program Assistant” in the subject line of your e-mail.
For priority consideration, please apply by May 5th. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
The Social Science Research Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.